Give feedback

Read-Only/ Archived repositories

In my project we have to maintain previous suppliers' extensions to an open source software.
For legal reasons, instead of modifying the original repository it is better to override the existing code in our own repository.
It would be great if you could Archive or set the repository into Read-Only mode, so that the new developers would not make modifications into it by mistake.

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Joonas Sollasvaara shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  AdminHelix TeamHub Support (Support, Helix TeamHub) responded  · 

Deveo now has repository specific access controls available. This need can be done by enabling repository level access to that specific repository and setting everyone as guest to that specific repository.

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ilmari Kontulainen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are going to introduce repository specific or "advanced" permissions later this fall. This will allow setting certain repositories as read only for everyone, except project administrators. It supports the read-only/archive requirement. In addition, you might add a README.md file with a heading that says that the repository is not in active development.

Feedback and Knowledge Base